Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Out of the Ivory Palaces

Have you ever stopped to think of the sacrifices Jesus made for us?  If you haven't thought about it lately, read Revelation 21:9-22:5 where it describes the new Jerusalem or Revelation 4 which describes the "Throne Room of Heaven".   

When we talk about the sacrifice of Jesus, we typically think of the cross and, yes, that is the ultimate sacrifice but Jesus' sacrifice actually began 33 years prior to the cross and lasted those 33 years.  Think about it... Jesus sits in a beautiful throne room surrounded by those who worship Him, yet He chose to leave all that glory to live like you and me... To face the hardships, heartache, and disease that we face and then, yes, He faced death head on for you and me. 

How very precious that makes me feel... That God would give His only Son AND that Jesus would willingly come to earth and die for my sins... Sins that I commit on a daily basis without one thought of the sacrifices made.  Oh how He loves you and me!

Out of the ivory palaces,
Into a world of woe,
Only His great eternal love
Made my Savior go.

No comments:

Post a Comment