Friday, October 25, 2013

Enough!

I woke this morning with an old favorite from NewSong on my heart:

There is nothing good in me that did not come from him
nothing I could boast of that he did not give
from the moment I cried out to him to heal my troubled soul
he welcomed me with open arms, said all that's mine is yours.

Now I will never let myself forget all he has done
how he came and rescued me and where he brought me from.

chorus:
I am nothing without christ, he is everything to me!
He's the reason that I live, he is my only need.
I know I couldn't make it through
one day without jesus in my life.
I am nothing, nothing without christ.

So, then, I was reading my devotion this morning and it was all about how if we truly love God, love Christ, there is nothing that we wouldn't know about Him.  And another song started reverberating through my soul... this one from Hillsong:

Christ is my reward
And all of my devotion
Now there's nothing in this world
That could ever satisfy

PRE-CHORUS
Through every trial
My soul will sing
No turning back
I've been set free

CHORUS
Christ is enough for me
Christ is enough for me
Everything I need is in You
Everything I need

I guess today's theme is that Christ is all I need... He is enough for me and I would not be complete without Him.  Can you say the same for your life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment