Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Sharing Love

The ending quote from this morning's devotion said, "Real love is helping others for Jesus’ sake even if they can never return the favor."  Hmmm.  I've thought of other things that way before... money, time, invitations to our home, etc. but never of love.  I guess it never occurred to me that there were some who are incapable of love.  

Now that I re-read those words, I see that the quote is talking about the same thing I've always heard but it did still put that thought in my mind about loving people even if they can't return the favor... I mean, sure, we help people and, by doing so, show them God's love, but we don't expect love in return...  

Honestly, at times, we get upset because the people we help just want more and are demanding like they think we have an endless supply and we should have thought of this need or that need and where is it?  Why isn't it being met?  Instead of thanking us for the things we do provide, they are looking for more... but is that really being loving on my part?  Perhaps they are uncapable of returning God's love.  After all, we aren't doing these things for earthly praise but because we are feeling called to do them for our Heavenly Father.

We need to remember... our response to God is praise and love for our neighbor.  We are only responsible for our response.  We shouldn't expect the same from those we help.

So, as we go through this journey, perhaps we should think of this quote this way... "Show God's love to others for Jesus' sake, even if they can never show it in return."  If you've got the love of Jesus down in your heart, don't leave it there... share it with those around you.

Let's shine for Jesus today.... "I've got the love of Jesus, love of Jesus, down in my heart, down in my heart, down in my heart..."  "This little light of mine, I'm going to let it shine!"

No comments:

Post a Comment