Saturday, February 25, 2012

Slowing Down

You know those times when you really want to do something, your mind and spirit says, "go, go, go", but your body says, "who are you kidding?" Well, that was me today. Yesterday, I was TOTALLY wiped. After being sick several times in the middle of the night, I was too weak to even go downstairs for some much desired orange juice. But, after spending most of the day in bed and then getting a full 12 hours of sleep, my body was still on the ropes but my mind is wide awake and ready to go.

This feeling reminds me that these are the times when God can use us to pray, to encourage, to be there for support for those who need us. So, I may not have the energy to even make a phone call, but I can read, type, and pray.

It's also encouraging to know that God is ALWAYS there... and sometimes, he needs to just put us flat on our backs in order to get us to look up. But, Lord, I'm so glad you don't allow me to be on my back very often... it sure is miserable being down.

1 comment: