Monday, August 6, 2012

He'll go With Me All the Way

Earlier this year, my husband and I read "Grace Walk" by Steve McVey.  So, in light of what we learned through the reading of that book and thinking more of the song running through my head on Saturday, something hit me this morning... following Jesus doesn't mean walking 10 paces behind my master and it doesn't mean being a messenger who merely goes where I'm sent while God stays behind watching from afar.

Did you notice the last verse of the song?:

"He will give me grace and glory,... And go with me, with me all the way."

Here are a few scriptures that go along with what I'm thinking...

Rom. 8:14-15 - For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.  For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba!  Father!"

1 Cor. 10:13 - "No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.

Matt. 28:19-20 - Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

So, what do these scriptures have in common?  God is with us... He won't leave us stranded.  He has given us instructions through His Word and will send us out but He doesn't just send us, He goes with us.

Out in the highways and byways of life,
many are weary and sad.  Carry the sonshine where darkness is rife, 
making the sorrowing glad.

Make me a blessing, Make me a blessing,
Out of my life, may Jesus shine;
Make me a blessing, O Savior I pray,
Make me a blessing to someone today."

Spread some SONshine today.  Remember, if you are a child of the King, He will be with you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment