Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Heart will Sing, No Other Name... Jesus!

As I wake this morning, to face a busy day, the song running through my mind is, "My heart will sing, no other name, Jesus.  Jesus."  So, I looked up the rest of the lyrics and was reminded of the qualities of Jesus and the God we serve.  He is good.  He is love.  He is light and hope.  He is truth, life, peace, and joy.

The song even goes on to say that He is "more than my words could ever say."  Have you recently stopped and tried to describe Jesus?  It reminds me of that sermon (that you can find on YouTube) titled "That's My King" where the pastor says he doesn't know how to describe Him and then goes on for the next five minutes with truths about and titles for Jesus pausing every once in a while to say "and that's MY King!"  But, in the five minutes, that's pretty much the only thing that he repeats as he goes on to list the qualities and titles for our saviour.

So, the chorus to this morning's song says:

"Oh, I'm running to your arms, I'm running to your arms.
The riches of your love will always be enough.
Nothing compares to your embrace.
Light of the world forever reign.

My heart will sing, no other name...
Jesus, Jesus"

My dad has an old birthday card that says that love is when we run into his arms even when his hands are empty.  Although that's so true (of both my earthly dad and my heavenly father), Jesus has so much to give and isn't it refreshing to know that at the end of this busy day... at the end of serving Him... we can run into His arms and feel the warmth of His embrace?

The next time you bow your head in prayer, imagine yourself sitting on Jesus lap as a child, with his arms around you listening to every word you have to say and enjoy the time spent with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment