Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Bless the Lord

Psalm 145:2 says, "Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever."  Have you ever thought about the word "bless"?  How could I ever bless God... isn't it God who is in the blessing business?

Until this morning, as I was reading this verse and I stopped to wonder about that word, I had always thought to bless someone was to grant them special favor.  You know... along the same lines as mercy and grace.  But according to the dictionary, one of the definitions of bless is to give thanks.  We need to give thanks, show our gratitude, and constantly show God how much we appreciate all He has done for us.  So, bless God today and sing praises to His name.

Bless the Lord, Oh my soul 
And all that is within me 
Bless His holy name 

-Andrae Crouch-

No comments:

Post a Comment