Thursday, May 17, 2012

I've Got a Mansion

When you think of heaven, what comes to mind?  Angels with harps floating on clouds?  Golden gates in a mist with an angelic St. Peter standing guard?  Some have said heaven sounds boring because all we'll be doing is singing.  But, when we read God's word, we find all these images are far from the truth... Revelations talks of colors that I've not seen here on earth.  Luke 22:30 talks of us eating and drinking at the Lord's table in His kingdom,  Rev. 22 describes a river, tree, street, and fruits for every month, and in John 13 & 14 Jesus tells His disciples that He is going to prepare a place for us.

So, heaven is not just a bunch of mist and clouds with mindless beings singing for all eternity... no, it is a tangible place where we will have a forever relationship and communion with the God of the universe... we will walk on streets, eat of the fruit, see rivers and animals in living color and we will know a peace like we've never known before.  

When I stop to think about heaven, I look around me at all the beauty... I've said, so many times, how wonderful it is to lay in bed in the morning and listen to the birds singing and chirping outside my window.  So, if earth, in it's dead and dying state, is so beautiful, can you just imagine what this beauty would be like without the curse?  In all it's perfected glory?  I'm so looking forward to heaven.  But, at the same time, I'm still enjoying my fellowship with those I love and the family God has blessed me with here on earth.  I don't want a single one of them to miss this joy and fellowship.

"That where I am, there you may also be up where the truth, the truth will set you free...
In the world you will have trouble but I give you my peace that where I am there you may also be."
- Rich Mullins - 

"I've got a mansion just over the hilltop
In that bright land where we'll never grow old
And some day yonder we will never more wander
But walk on streets that are purest gold."
- Ira Stamphill -


I'm hoping you'll be there to hold my hand and roam those hilltops and streets of gold with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment