Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Arise My Love - the Grave Could not hold the King!

One of my favorite songs, especially this time of year is, "Arise, My Love" by Newsong. The last verse says:

"Sin, where are your shackles?
Death, where is your sting?
Hell; has been defeated.
The grave could not hold the king.

Arise, My love.
Arise, My love.
The grave no longer
has a hold on you!

No more death's sting
No more suffering.
Arise... Arise... my love."


As we look forward to celebrating that wonderful day we call Easter, let's not forget the suffering that preceeded the grave. The suffering for you and for me. We are the reason Christ came to this earth. We are the reason He was nailed to the cross. But, the good news is, if we truly believe and confess Jesus as our Lord and Savior, we will rise again someday, just as He arose that glorious resurrection morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment