Friday, March 23, 2012

This Little Light of Mine

Once, during a worship conference, the speaker described the moon... he mentioned that the moon has no source of light but yet it lights up our night sky. How can that be? Because it reflects the light from the sun back down to earth. Then he compared our Christian life to the moon saying that, in this same manner, we are to reflect the light of Jesus.

Today during my devotions, I was reminded of this as I read that we "are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a lamp, and put it under the bushel, but on the stand; and it shineth unto all that are in the house. Even so, let your light shine before men; that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven." - Matthew 5:14-16

Wow... the melody in my heart just leaped... I have so many songs running through my head... of course, "This Little Light of Mine" and Toby Mac's "Diverse City", but another one of my all time favorites is "Shine" by Newsboys.

"Shine
Make 'em wonder what you've got
Make 'em wish that they were not
On the outside, looking bored.

Shine
Let it shine before all men
Let 'em see good works and then
Let 'em glorify the Lord."


When that song comes on, I crank it up. But am I living it? Am I really shining the light of Jesus everywhere I go? Are you shining today? I know I haven't been very good at it lately...

As the pastor said, at the end of that conference... "let's go moon the world for the Lord".

No comments:

Post a Comment